I’m innocent, can’t I just talk to the police and sort it out?

You are putting yourself at great risk if you do this without first speaking to a solicitor. If the police want to talk to you then you are entitled free of charge to have a solicitor present in questioning. Check the legal help section if you don’t already have a lawyer.