An Isle of Wight man who says he was wrongfully accused of raping a number of women has walked free from court today (Monday) as a result of the case against him being dismissed, with the Crown Prosecution Service dropping all charges against the 26-year-old.
Mr Frankie Vecsei was charged in October last year with 9 counts of rape against 6 women, with the alleged offences said to have taken place between 2013 and 2021. He appeared before magistrates and was remanded in custody where he has remained since.
However, last week the Bembridge man was immediately released from custody when the criminal case against him fell apart.
The former taxi driver has always protested his innocence and had pleaded not guilty to all charges against him.
Mr Vecsei appeared at Portsmouth Crown Court this morning where the case collapsed, with the Judge recording a formal not guilty verdict. He was told that the charges against him had been dropped and he was free to go – now as an innocent man.
The Crown Prosecution Service offered no evidence against Mr Vecsei as a result of investigations revealing ‘collusion’, the court heard. A number of electronic devices had been examined and multiple communications between the alleged victims were discovered.
However, Hampshire Constabulary has confirmed that there is currently no criminal investigation born out of this shocking development.
A spokesperson for the CPS has told Island Echo:
“We have a duty to keep all of our cases under continuous review.
“After review, in accordance with our legal test, we concluded there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction and ended this case.”
Source: Island Echo